In alignment with God’s Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17) , and consistent with Christ’s great commission (Matthew 28:19-20) for His Church, at KHPC our vision and mission is to…
“Go therefore….” (v. 19a)
“...and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them…” (v. 19b)
“...teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you” (v. 20a)
“...And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (v. 20b)
1. Evangelism (Reach): Jesus calls us to take the initiative and to reach out and lead non-Christians to the Lord so that they can become transformed, forgiven, growing followers of Christ. We are to keep our hearts toward the harvest (Matthew 9:35-38). We are to maintain a heart for the lost.
2. Discipleship (Reform): Christ calls us to edify (or ‘build up’) each individual believer in his or her faith. God does not tell us to fill up the churches with converts; He said to fill them with disciples. We must introduce Christians into membership of Christ’s Church and help them learn how to sit at Jesus’ feet (via His Word) and learn from Him through the ordinary means of Grace.
3. Transformation (Respond): The Lord calls us to equip and encourage believers to produce the fruits of obedience and service in their lives. Jesus tells us, “If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.” (John 13:17). This means that we must encourage believers to put into practice what they understand. We must help believers discover, develop and deploy their gifts for the service of Christ’s Church.
4. Extension (Release): God didn’t tell the world to come to the Church...He told the Church to “go into all the world” (Mark 16:15). We must encourage members to take the initiative to reach out to their community for themselves, serving & inviting others to meet Jesus. Christ promises us that even though this will be difficult, He’s with us always!
1. We believe that Jesus Christ has the preeminence over all things. He is the head of every believer and the head of our congregation. He is the Alpha, the Omega, the beginning and the end. KHPC is Christ’s Church. We love Jesus, worship Jesus and serve King Jesus (Colossians 1:18; Colossians 1:15; John 1:1; Philippians 2:10-11; ).
2. We believe in the inspiration, inerrancy, infallibility & sufficiency of God’s Word. God’s Word is sufficient to reach, reform, transform and release God’s people (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; Hebrews 4:12-13; Psalm 19:7; Isaiah 55:11).
3. We believe that doing church as a team is God’s design for effective ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16; Psalm 133:1; Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
4. We believe that every member of KHPC should commit to a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth, with honest accountability (Mark 12:30; 1 Peter 2:2; Luke 10:38-42; Proverbs 27:17; 1 Timothy 4:7-8).
5. We believe that every member has a ministry, each with individual gifts that are to be discovered, developed and deployed (Mark 10:45; 1 Corinthians 12:14-20; Romans 12:3-8; Ephesians 2:8-10).
6. We believe that genuine love and caring relationships are key to the life of every endeavor (Romans 16:17; 1 Corinthians 13:8; Ephesians 4:3; James 1:2-3; 1 Peter 5:8-9).
7. We believe that the most effective evangelism happens throughout the week through people inviting people (Proverbs 11:30; John 1:43-46; John 4:28-30).
8. We believe in identifying and training emerging leaders who are fully committed to Christ and who will reach their generation through the Gospel (Psalm 78:5-7; 1 Timothy 3:1; 2 Timothy 2:2; Titus 1:5-9).