KHPC Online LifeGroup Resources
During these tumultuous and confusing times, it’s so important for God’s people to stay connected to each other and to the Lord Jesus Christ. If you’re not already in a KHPC LifeGroup, we encourage you to join one or start your own! Meet with your family, a friend or a neighbor this week using the KHPC online LifeGroup resources found on this page. Starting a KHPC LifeGroup is as easy as “1,2,3”!
Step #1: Gather a couple of friends or family members. Ask one or two of your fellow KHPC members or even your own family members (Your husband, wife, kids, etc.) to meet once a week for fellowship and Bible Study. Pick a day and a time and commit to meeting regularly every week.
Step #2: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, choose whether you would like your LifeGroup to meet in-person or online. Currently we have two in-person LifeGroups that you can join. Our men’s LifeGroup meets every Wednesday morning at 7:15am at FirePower Coffee here in Keystone Heights. Our Women’s LifeGroup meets every Friday morning at 10:00am at the church. If you choose to meet online, you can use services like FaceTime or Facebook Messenger to video chat together online. If you would like help setting up an online LifeGroup, please call Pastor Rob and he’ll be happy to assist you in showing you how to meet online.
Step #3: Visit www.khpcworship.org/lifegroups each week to access sermon based discussion questions based on Pastor Rob’s weekly expository sermons. This page will be updated weekly with new Bible study resources and discussion questions to help make your LifeGroup a success.
THIS WEEK’S LifeGroup DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Have you ever been traveling somewhere and discovered that, unbeknownst to you at the time, you were actually heading in the wrong direction? What happened?
- Have you ever been in the process of building something and eventually realized that you were completely lost in terms of how to put it together? Share your experience.
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Why is it so important for us as Christians to know that we’re “going in the right direction”? Why is it vital for believers to have a deep assurance of their salvation?
- Read Matthew 7:21-23. What is the difference between “professing” faith in Jesus and “possessing” faith in Jesus?
- According to Matthew 25:31-41, what will happen when Jesus Christ returns in glory? How should this truth effect our daily lives?
- On Sunday Pastor Rob taught us that according to 1 John 2:21-24, genuine Christians abide in the true doctrine of Christ. What doctrinal or theological truths about Jesus Christ do all true Christians need to confess and hold fast to?
- Pastor Rob taught us on Sunday that according to 1 John 2:27, true believers abide in a genuine devotion to Christ. Why is belief in the doctrine of Jesus not enough to save someone (hint: look up James 2:19)?
- Why is a passionate love for Jesus so important in the life of a Christian?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- Describe a time when you struggled with whether or not you were truly saved.
- In the midst of the current world-wide pandemic (COVID-19), why is it so important for people to wrestle with whether or not they are in fact in Christ?
- In 2 Corinthians 11:3, Paul writes, “But I fear that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your minds may be seduced from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.”. Do you feel like you currently have a “sincere and pure” relationship with Jesus? Why or why not? If not, what steps can you take to pursue Christ more deeply?
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Pray and ask God to show you how you can bring the good news of Jesus to the people around you this week despite the spread of COVID-19.
- Invite someone to tune in and watch KHPC’s Online worship service at: www.khpcworship.org
- LifeJournal on 1 John 2:18-29, asking the Holy Spirit to speak to you personally through the reading of God’s Word.